Instructions for Minicourse…
1. Click on “Assignment” below to access The Knowledge of Reality.
2. Read Chapters 1.1 – 1.3 to answer questions 1 – 9.
3. (Optional), Please post your Thoughts, Ideas or Comments.
(by Henry T. Laurency)
Chapters 1.1 – 1.3
The Problems of Reality, Part One
STUDY QUESTIONS 1 – 9
1. Why cannot science decide what “conflicts with the laws of nature”?
2. Why will esoterics be just a working hypothesis for most people?
3. Why are systems necessary to thinking?
4. What function does remembrance anew have for our knowledge?
5. In what can the inestimable value of the esoteric knowledge be seen?
6. How can mankind gain knowledge of existence; its meaning and goal?
7. Explain the difference between belief and assumption.
8. Why is it that “no self-tutored seer ever saw correctly”?
9. Sum up the basic hylozoic outlook.
The questions above are designed for your personal study to help you understand Pythagorean Hylozoics in greater depth. The answers will not be provided for you and it is not intended that you answer them in writing on this website. You will receive eight emails (one every 15 days) containing a total of 58 questions. There is no time limit on answering these questions so proceed at a pace that best fits your learning style.
After studying the assigned chapters in “The Knowledge of Reality”, and answering the assigned questions (to your personal satisfaction), we encourage you to post your thoughts, ideas or comments regarding your learning. In this way we can all benefit from the collective contributions of our ever-expanding community of seekers. We also encourage each of you to read and post your comments in response to each other’s learning experience. This kind of shared interchange can help advance everyone’s understanding of Pythagorean Hylozoics.
Here are the thoughts, ideas and comments submitted by Others to the assigned questions...
My intro to Hylozoics, thank you
I had recently finished reading the Knowledge of Reality and am happy I signed up for this mini-course. There are those of us who have been on a lifelong …
What is it all about?
-Hylozoics is the science of the future. -It is a mental system, containing facts from higher intellects. -It is for the …
Starting over (before starting over)
I.27 in the KofR: After ca 25 years from the first reading, i got a deeper insight in this chapter. -I "saw"it as geometrical figure, …
If you insist
KofR is part I of a trilogy. The Phs is number II and WofM number III. One can start from it after reading general instructions os study. 1.1.-1.41 is …
Existence of reality
The laws and principles that govern the universe and make us aware of our individual self are hidden from the masses unless you seek to find them. In pod …
A few helpful suggestions to aid people
Given the comments to POD 1, I have decided that I might attempt to offer a few words of advice to my fellow seekers. What follows, then, are two helpful …
It is so true for me that reading this information periodically is necessary, as there is so much here to absorb. The world is full of people who are invested …
POD 1 Answers - Incomplete as of 20140928
POD 1 The Knowledge of Reality Chapters 1.1 thru 1.3 Questions 1-4 Completed Questions 5-9 Incomplete 1) Why cannot science decide what "conflicts …
1. Science looks to evolution as a means to explain humanity through evolution. The laws of nature are based on 2. Most people, including myself …