Unity and the Planetary Collective Consciousness: PART I.
by Fr. E.S.Q.S.
As had been observed previously, the planet, itself, is also as one great being: it has a form (matter), a kind of (collective) consciousness distinct to it, and a will (motion). All life on the planet, from the very greatest to the very least, in all the five natural kingdoms, are part-and-parcel of the planetary collective consciousness. The following article, then, serves as a meditation examining the various types and kinds of consciousness – in accord with Esoterics and especially Pythagorean Hylozoics a la HTL and LA – that goes to make up the planetary collective consciousness.
NOTE: This meditation is by no means infallible. I have undoubtedly made mistakes and/or left important things unsaid. Please bear that in mind when reading. I am not perfect in my treatments of things. These are my meditations for what they are worth.
First and foremost, let it be reiterated that the planetary collective consciousness is primary. The unity of consciousness is primary. All divisions discussed hereafter are always secondary. With that said, it is time to begin examining some of the first major divisions of the planetary collective consciousness: the planetary world consciousnesses. According to Esoterics – and especially Pythagorean Hylozoics a la HTL and LA – the planet is composed of a series of material worlds as follows:
• Planetary world 46 (atomic kind 46:1 and molecular kinds 46:2-7) – the essential world
• Planetary world 47 (atomic kind 47:1 and molecular kinds 47:2-7) - the causal (47:1-3) and mental (47:4-7) world
• Planetary world 48 (atomic kind 48:1 and molecular kinds 48:2-7) – the emotional world
• Planetary world 49 (atomic kind 49:1 and molecular kinds 49:2-7) – the physical-etheric (49:1-4) and gross physical (49:5-7) world
Each of these material worlds (forms, matters) also corresponds to a type and kind of consciousness as follows:
• Planetary world 46 – essential consciousness
• Planetary world 47 – causal (47:1-3) and mental (47:4-7) consciousness
• Planetary world 48 – emotional consciousness
• Planetary world 49 – physical-etheric (49:1-4) and gross physical (49:5-7) consciousness
As such, according to our charts here, the “highest” world of the planet is world 46: the essential world. What this means, in a sense, is that – in certain essential respects – essential consciousness is the planetary collective consciousness in that it contains all the other lower types and kinds of consciousness as well. All life on the planet has a share in this collective consciousness. All consciousness on the planet is part-and-parcel of essential consciousness, is contained in essential consciousness. This world, world 46 and its consciousness had long since been called, “the soul of the world” or, “the ‘anima mundi’”. Nothing on the planet is excluded from this great “soul”, this great life. More on this world later.
The second “highest” world of the planet is world 47: the causal-mental world. A few important (possible) sub-divisions of this world include:
• 47:1-3 – the causal world – the world of reality ideas (see Plato)
• 47:4,5 – the higher mental world – both higher and lower: the world of fictions
• 47:6,7 – the lower mental world
Keeping in mind the fact that worlds, forms, and matters correspond with types and kinds of consciousness, then we also have the following divisions:
• 47:1-3 – causal consciousness – the consciousness of reality ideas
• 47:4,5 – higher mental consciousness – both higher and lower: the consciousness of fictions
• 47:6,7 – lower mental consciousness
These worlds are the “highest” worlds of man. It is the goal of man (or at least one of them, anyways) to activate his as-of-yet passive causal consciousness (47:1-3), to become a fully functioning causal-self. His proper domain prior to achieving this goal is to be a mental-self (an evolutionary monad seated in the mental molecule – 47:4 - of his first triad); however, men as-of-yet rarely are such ones. Nearly 90% of men are still emotional-selves (an evolutionary monad seated in the emotional atom – 48:1 – of their first triad) and are hardly active in the higher mental kinds (47:4,5), the more precise and realistic mental kinds, and only exceptionally in 47:6 (i.e.: such men as have become philosophers and scientists). The essential world, essential consciousness, is the end-goal of the human kingdom for, in achieving that, man is no longer man – he has become super-human. Much more can be said on this; however, it will have to wait for the time being.
The third “highest” world of the planet is world 48: the emotional world. A common sub-division is as follows:
• 48:1-3 – the higher emotional world
• 48:4-7 – the lower emotional world
Once more, in keeping with correspondences between matter and consciousness:
• 48:1-3 – higher emotional consciousness; can be summed up as expressions of “love”
• 48:4-7 – lower emotional consciousness; can be summed up as expressions of hate
Though these worlds are not the “highest” worlds of man, they are incredibly important at this particular juncture. In the first case, most men are still emotional-selves and, so, the emotional world(s) and its types and kinds of consciousness are significant factors in the world today. Though the emotional world(s) and its types and kinds of consciousness are properly the domain of the third natural kingdom – the animal kingdom – men are still behaving very much like animals, even though they have the potential to behave like human beings (i.e.: they have the potential to develop fairly extensive powers for reasoning; also, for developing self-consciousness – whether or not they choose to activate this potential is the real question). Men, at this juncture, hardly think. They feel far more than they think. What little thinking that they do is often motivated by intense feeling, and is colored by this intense feeling. As such, one of the most important tasks at this particular juncture is to deliberately cultivate noble feelings - a noble character - and to work from proper motives. We need to cultivate “love”. We need to combat hatred – and that starts by combating hatred in ourselves. Mind unity! Mind community! Make love your motive!
Another thing: we need to learn to get hold of our emotions. We need to learn self-control. When our desires run rampant, we suffer. When we suffer, we are miserable. When we are miserable, we make others miserable. We poison the world around us by our lowly thoughts and feelings. We strangle all possibility of success: joy, happiness, and peace. To do this, we need to apply our reason (our mind, our mentality) to our emotions. We need to carefully examine and assess them. Most of them are insensible; however, it is only by deliberately – and with effort - stopping the mechanical behavior, catching ourselves in a pattern, and examining these patterns that we can finally come to the conclusion that they are insensible. Examine the great glamours (i.e.: illusions) of wealth, glory, and power! See how they bind you! It is not possible to grow (properly) when you are enthralled by such delusions! Probably this matter could be better addressed in a separate paper. In summation:
• Cultivate noble feelings – a noble character.
• Learn self-control – apply reason to the emotions (and especially to desires), examine and assess them. If they prove to be insensible then discard them at once.
The final world of the planet is world 49: the physical world. An important sub-division of this world is as follows:
• 49:1-4 – the physical-etheric world
• 49:5-7 – the dense, physical world
Of these two physical worlds, the first – the physical-etheric world (49:1-4) – is far more important, serving as the foundation or pattern for the dense, physical world (49:5-7).
TBC in PART II.